Thursday, March 19, 2009

I don't understand people...

A recent comment left on one of my competitor's video...

This video sucks! I judge movies based on two key criteria: number of reasons Corey Holland think he's the shit and overall pretentious, jerkoff attitude. This piece of shit contained neither! All I got out of this was a couple of fun, goofy guys showing some cool things about Washington College. What bullshit! ...

If you share my taste in films and want to a see a real moviemaking masterpiece, check out the one Corey Holland made. It's FILLED with reasons Corey Holland think he's the shit and is simply bursting with condescension: my kind of movie! I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure these bitches don't win the prize money, because they're planning on giving it all to charity, and I think charity is totally gay. Fuck you guys. Corey Holland is great.


...if you can't tell. That's sarcasm. T_T I found this to be very insulting and I can't believe someone would be so flat out mean. I ignore silly comments like "this sucks" or whatever, but to write something so detailed and to personally attack me by name... ouch.

I should just stop making films. It always makes me seem like a pretentious jerk. I'm not, though. I strive to do the best I can on my projects and I have high standards FOR MYSELF. I don't consider myself that good, so every time I make a film, I try to make it better than my previous ones.

I can't stand people. I try to keep an optimistic view on every part of my life and that has really done a lot for me, yet I still have to be treated like I'm an asshole? Why does someone else think I don't have the right to be in this competition just because I'm competing with someone they support? I'm tired of people saying that my video makes me look full of myself! It's "What's your WAC?!" I did it! My WAC is all about acting, improv, performance, and videos! Back. OFF! Geez... would it have been better if at one point I said, "I auditioned, but wasn't cast, in such plays as According to Goldman, This is Our Youth, and Fat Pig." Should I have gone over a few bad grades I've had in school? Cover my failures or something? I'm sorry that my approach makes a student look like he's succeeding and enjoying his school, and I am!

...I can't wait for this weekend.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clearly, whoever wrote this doesn't know you because you're not pretentious. If you were, you would not be on my list of people not to punch in the face, but rather my list of people to punch in the face. People are retarded. If you want a good laugh, check out my blog post "A Typical Day" from August. I get totally attacked for not supporting PIRATES in the comments section.

Corey said...

Thanks, Aubrey, and I've read that! In fact, I got a first hand explanation from you haha

Claire said...

:( People are assholes. Especially on the internet. And jealous people are REALLY big assholes. Try not to let it get to you, hard as that is.

Claire said...

Also, you are obviously not pretentious or... anything negative! Anyone who actually knows you know that you're one of the nicest people in the world.

Laura said...

True story! Corey, you're a cool guy, confident in your own ability, and we do see you always looking for a way to improve your projects and skills. This person is so much lower than you. The situation sucks, but everyone knows that you are a decent person and
NOT PRETENTIOUS, YOU ANONYMOUS JERK WAD.

Team Corey all the way.

Erin said...

I was going to try and leave a sarcastic comment about how I have always secretly thought you were a jerk, but I can't even do that. Seriously, you are too nice for me to even be sarcastic about you being a jerk.

LaurenMarie said...

We all luv you corey! Selfish people just do that stuff because they're bored and clearly have no care for other people's feelings. ps. Your video was the best! And this was just a show of how screwed up the rules of the competition were. We're all human and how we deal with our flaws make us who we are. People who hide them, like those who have to take things out on other people are clearly different from those who acknowledge their flaws and twist them into something positive. You have talent, and don't let anyone convince you otherwise. Hell, you make me laugh every time I see you.